In-Service Education and Professional Development
Library provision is heavily dependent on the quality of staff. The Education Library Service provides a range of services to support professional development to meet the needs of new and experienced school librarians including qualified librarians, teachers and assistants.
- A programme of courses to help librarians and library co-ordinators manage the school library
- Promotion of reading and reader development
- Network Meetings for Secondary School Librarians
- School-based INSET to meet the needs of individual schools
- Support for individual librarians in secondary schools through a programme of school visits